Health Education and Behavior
Health Education and Behavior
Health Education and Behavior is a peer reviewed journal, offered online as well as in hard copy form, that is published two times per month and expands on topics through the likes of; case studies, reviews on literature, health status and behavior theories as well as tactics which will improve both the health status and health behavior. Examination by the publication is also done, looking into the behavioral and social changes and exactly how the take part in the process of leading a healthy lifestyle, or lack there of. The Health Education and Behavior has one other main goal as well which is the examination of behavioral and social interventions through the acts of; managing, planning, assessment as well as implementation, which will produce specific strategies, activities as well as behavior changes that bring about a healthy lifestyle.
Health Education and Behavior Subcategories
Now that you know the main focus of the purpose of the Health Education and Behavior publication, there are also various other topics that they touch upon to provide knowledge to their readers on a myriad of different categories that involve maintaining good health. Some of these subcategories, all of which are taught through the likes of editorials, special pieces as well as articles, which include:
- Overall international health.
- The management of chronic disease.
- Environmental health.
- Implementing positive change in behavior and health individuals and groups.
- Abuse of drugs and alcohol.
- Stress and Violence.
- Health education empowerment.
- HIV and STD’s.
- Cultural factors and diverse populations.
- Certain cardiovascular risks along with ways to avoid them.
Others Aspects of the Health Education and Behavior Journal
The Health Education and Behavior journal also allows individuals to submit manuscripts if they wish for their work to get published. Their main audience when it comes to published manuscripts are practitioners that specialize in health education and behavior as well as a broad range of researchers. If one is interested in writing for them, they ask the the manuscript submission is written in one of 4 different writing methods, which must touch upon policy, theory and practice implications:
- Orignal Full Length Articles – Articles up to 3,500 words with knowledge taken from empirical research as well as other studies, which includes figures and tables along with references, with a 250 word abstract.
- Brief Reports – Reports that involve empirical research along with other studies, up to 2,500 words as well as an abstract with a maximum of 150 words, 15 or less references and a maximum of two figures or tables.
- Commentaries and Editorials – Solicited as well as unsolicited editorials up to 1200 words, and commentaries of no more than 2,500 words with a abstract of 250 words or less as well as references. Commentaries should include information on controversial topic perspectives, theory as well as methodological issues.
- Review Articles – Written off of “state of the science literature”, a maximum of 4,500 words with maximum 250 word abstract, which includes figures, references and tables
If you happen to be interested in learning more about what is taught as well as attaining knowledge that is provide through the Health Education and Behavior publications, you can become a subscriber at: Health Education and Behavior Subscription